At Peak Of Wellbeing, we coach stressed and tired working mums, focusing on six simple foundation factors, to a re-energized, restored and rebalanced way of being. We all know about ‘Working Out,’ but what does it mean to ‘Work In?’
Most of the time, we are expending energy or putting energy out, for example; working, looking after children, exercising, doing household chores, cooking, sending e-mails and the list goes on.
To do all of these tasks requires energy. It’s tiring isn’t it?
Think of your body and soul like a battery. If you drain the battery, you’ll need to charge it up at some point. That’s working in.
Via some simple steps, your body feels renewed, re-charged and you’ll find that you’re able to do all the things you want to do much more efficiently.
It’s important to put some energy back into the body whenever we can.
- Good quality sleep energizes the body and allows us to do all of our tasks the next day. Some great sleep tips include: replace your mobile phone alarm with a good old-fashioned alarm clock, dim the lights in your house from 9pm this is because light on the skin triggers the stress hormone cortisol, reducing quality sleep.
- An Active Meditation. This includes Tai-Chi, yoga, a gentle walk in nature or even just walking barefoot around your garden for 5 minutes. You don’t have to take up the lotus position to benefit from an active meditation! 20 minutes of meditation equates to 4 hours of high quality sleep!
- Balance your blood sugar levels. We believe that as much as 80% of physical stress can be taken off an individual’s body and hormonal system when blood sugar levels are balanced. Learn how on the upcoming webinar.
- Sit at the table and eat your food slowly, remaining fully present. This is a gift for the body and soul. Notice the texture of the food, the taste, the smell and how it makes you feel. Try this at one meal or snack per day for great results. Notice a sense of peace and calm fill your entire being.
- Meditation. There are many different forms, such as active meditation. Active Meditation could be something that you enjoy doing that simply allows you to relax the mind. Some people find gardening very beneficial as they can switch off the mind. Meditation is a big part of our clinical practice. We teach individuals and groups how to meditate. We help to find the individual’s ideal form of meditation for them. Each person is different and prefers a different approach. Some like guided meditation, some prefer music and others enjoy nature sounds. Choose a form that works for you and practice for 5 minutes a day at first. Choose a time of the day that works for you. If thoughts pop into your head, just observe them and allow them to drift away, knowing you can connect to them again later.
- When feeling extremely stressed and tired, try taking an Epsom salt bath. This calms down the entire nervous system and ensures a great night’s sleep. Add 4-5 cups of Epsom salts into a warm bath and soak for a minimum of 30 minutes.
So if you enjoy ‘working out’ i.e. exercising, working hard or being a busy person, then take some time to ‘work In.’
Keep the battery charged and you’ll be amazed how much more you can get done.
Time and time again at Peak Of Wellbeing, clients say to us “I can’t believe how much more productive I am now I spend more time doing nothing!”
Work smarter, not harder!
About the author:
Jennie Delbridge, Co-Founder and Director of www.peakofwellbeing.com is a C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2, CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, MTA, FDN and Dip. Massage Therapist. She coaches clients from all over the world and regularly presents seminars and workshops in Switzerland, the UK and Europe on health and wellbeing. Jennie currently lives close to the French Alps, runs a successful practice in Switzerland together with her partner Duncan Reeve and specializes in: Stress and hormones, digestive disorders and emotional healing for women.
Want more tips on how you can “work in” and charge your batteries? Read about this month’s forthcoming FaB Club Masterclass:
Masterclass: Why Working Mums Need Zen:
THIS MONDAY with Jennie of www.peakofwellbeing.com
Our next FaB Club Silver Masterclass Why Working Mums need Zen.. or.. Why “working In” is equally important as “working out” for mums
The bad news is that I can’t take you to the Alps on a retreat with Jennie. However, I CAN bring Jennie to you for a 75 minute retreat on Monday at 8.15pm GMT from the comfort of your own home!
This is what you will learn from Jennie on this Zentastic FaB Club Silver Masterclass!…
- Why working mums get stressed – from a practical, emotional and society based perspective.
- What that looks like in the body – the stress response from a physiological perspective in simple to understand terms.
- What is working-in, meditation or Zen? What are the benefits to working mums? (Note: It doesn’t have to be joss sticks and purple robes!)
- How you can fit your zen into a busy lifestyle and tailor it to the individual. Learn some very easy top tips to start.
- A very simple way of ensuring that your blood sugar levels remain balanced each day – even at “arsenic hour” when all you want to do is reach for a glass of wine!
Want to come to this masterclass but you’re not a member of FaB Club? You should be! FaB Club (FaB stands for Fulfilment and Balance) is a thriving community of like-minded working mums. You’ll get coaching, strategies to achieve your goals and support to make your life simpler. And much more!
Sign up for FaB Club Silver NOW and you’ll get access to Monday’s masterclass, a recording and a transcript – so you’ll get your mini retreat to take whenever you want, even if you can’t make it “live” on Monday night.