Tips for Mumpreneurs from the original Mumpreneurs coach
The story of “Mumpreneurs”
In 2003, shortly after I started Coaching Mums, I approached Business Link Cheshire and Warrington and asked them if I could create and run a workshop with their help to enable mums and mums to be who wanted to start a business but who didn’t know where to start. They liked the idea, I coined the term “Mumpreneurs” as a suggested title for the workshop and Mumpreneurs the workshop was born!
Mumpreneurs was an unique one-day, free workshop for any mum or mum to be who wanted to start or grow a fledgling business. The workshops were frequently over-subscribed and received rave reviews. Many businesses were “born” (pardon the pun) as a result of my Mumpreneurs workshops. I stopped running Mumpreneurs when Business Link
changed its delivery method three years later.
The workshop motivated, inspired, provided practical advice and a simple “First steps” framework and accountability to get mums from dreaming stage to launch stage and beyond of running their own businesses.
I stopped running Mumpreneurs workshops, but I haven’t stopped working with mums who want to start or grow their own businesses!
If you want to break free from employment and set up your own business, I’d be delighted to help you to make your dream into reality - more quickly and effectively than you would on your own.
Interested? Read on…
Here are a few of my mumpreneurs clients - present and recent – who have chosen me as their business coach to partner with them to build profitable businesses that also work for the lifestyle that is so important to them as mums as well as entrepreneurs:
- A single mum who has just quit her job as a globe trotting marketing executive to retrain and set up her own pilates studio
- A Managing Director of an engineering firm who is building an ebay business “on the side”!
- The Director of a Virtual Assistant Company
- A self-employed Marketing Professional who is creating an online mentoring business to help solopreneurs market their businesses
- Not one but TWO women who have appeared on Dragon’s Den (one was offered investment but declined, one was complimented on their business and advised that they didn’t need investment!)
- A landscape designer
- A freelance writer
- A Training Professional who is retraining as a Coach and who is emigrating and creating a new coaching business in Canada
- A single mum who is creating a mortgage broking business that specialises in helping divorced women
- A mum who quit her job for a (lousy) Interior Design Company and within four months has grown her Interior Design business revenue from zero to the point where she has just had to register for VAT (ie £60k+)
- A mum to be (now a mum!) who set up her own business as a Stylist
I hope this gives you an idea of the breadth of businesses and clients that I work with.
If you have a dream of becoming self-employed, setting up a home-based business or just leaving the “rat race” to do your own thing, why not book a Chemistry Call with me today and let’s see if I can help you achieve your business dreams now?
Remember that my chemistry calls are just that – I offer these 60 minute complimentary consultations in order to check that coaching is the right intervention for you right now and that the “chemistry” is right between you and me as coach and coachee. I don’t take on all clients who book a Chemistry Call and you too can choose to leave it at that after the call. There is no obligation on either of us to work together following the Chemistry Call.
New coaches and coaches working towards ICF ACC Accreditation – Need a Mentor Coach?
If you are a new or trainee Coach who is seeking a Professional Mentor Coach who can fulfil the Mentor Coach requirements for your ACC accreditation with the ICF, I could be the Coach for you.
As a PCC Coach with over seven years of coaching hundreds of clients internationally in both the personal and corporate arenas , I will help you to improve your coaching, polish your core competencies, quickly build your confidence and guide you into creating a sustainable and profitable coaching business that you will love.
Book a Chemistry Call now and tell me about your aspirations as a Coach. We can have a chat, see how we get on and establish whether I am the right mentor coach for you.